How to Test if the Door Switch is Activated
Testing if the Door Switch is Activated on your Maytag Refrigerator
To Test the Interior Lights:
- The interior lights should come on when the door is opened.
- Depress the door switch manually with the door open to verify the interior lights are turning off and on
- If the door switch is not shutting the light(s) off the refrigerator may get too warm
To Test the Ice Maker:
- Apply a piece of tape to the door switch.
- Wait 24 hours to see if ice has formed.
To Test the Water Dispenser:
- Manually depress the door switch with a piece of tape
- Depress the dispenser paddle to call for water
Is the Refrigerator Level?
- A refrigerator that is not level from side-to-side may appear to have doors that are not properly aligned causing the door switch to operate incorrectly.
- If the doors appear this way refer to your Owner's Manual or Installation Instructions for Leveling and Door Alignment procedures.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.