Winter Storage Care for a Washing Machine - Top Load Washer
Winter storage care
To avoid damage, install and store washer where it will not freeze. Because some water may stay in hoses, freezing can damage washer. If storing or moving during freezing weather, winterize your washer.
To winterize washer:
- Shut off both water faucets; disconnect and drain water inlet hoses.
- Put 1 qt. (1 L) of R.V.-type antifreeze in basket and run washer on RINSE & SPIN cycle for about 30 seconds to mix antifreeze and remaining water.
- Unplug washer or disconnect power.
Reinstalling and using washer again:
To reinstall washer after non-use, vacation, winter storage or moving:
- Refer to Installation Instructions to locate, level, and connect washer.
- Before using again, run washer through the following recommended procedure:
To use washer again:
- Flush water pipes and hoses. Reconnect water inlet hoses. Turn on both water faucets.
- Plug in washer or reconnect power.
- Run washer through Bulky/Sheets and Deep Water Wash cycle to clean washer and remove antifreeze, if used. Use only HE High Efficiency detergent. Use half the manufacturer’s recommended amount for a medium-size load
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.