How to Move a Washing Machine - Top Load Washer
Transporting your washer:
- Shut off both water faucets. Disconnect and drain water inlet hoses.
- If the washer will be moved during freezing weather, follow WINTER STORAGE CARE directions before moving.
- Disconnect drain from the drain system.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Place inlet hoses inside washer basket.
- Drape power cord and drain hose over the console and secure with masking tape.
- Place foam packing ring from original shipping materials back inside the washer. If you do not have a packing ring, place heavy blankets or towels into basket opening. Close lid and place tape over the lid and down the front of the washer. Keep lid taped until the washer is placed in a new location. Transport washer in the upright position.
Reinstalling and using washer again:
To reinstall washer after non-use, vacation, or moving:
- Refer to Installation Instructions to locate, level, and connect washer.
- Before using again, run washer through the following recommended procedure:
To use washer again:
- Flush water pipes and hoses. Reconnect water inlet hoses. Turn on both water faucets.
- Plugin washer or reconnect power.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.