Detergent Concentration for Bulk Dispensers
Detergent Concentration for Bulk Dispensers in your Maytag Washer
Some front load and top load washers can use a Bulk Dispensing system, which uses an automatic dispenser for liquid HE detergent. This allows the consumer to fill the dispenser in advance, and it will automatically dispense the correct amount of detergent based on the load selected, detergent concentration, and the water hardness selected.
It is essential to understand detergent concentration, as you need to input this setting on the machine.
About Detergent Concentration:
Today's liquid HE detergents are concentrated. Most brands of concentrated HE detergent will show the level of concentration on the bottle. If so, simply set the concentration level in the Precision or Optimal Dispense menu to match the level indicated on the bottle.
However, if the detergent bottle does not give the concentration, it can be easily calculated. Just divide the package size in fluid ounces by the number of loads. Then refer to the chart below to find the concentration.
If you do not get your desired cleaning results, try using a lower concentration number. If you have excess suds, try using a higher concentration number.
Number of Ounces ÷ Number of Loads
|2X||1.5 - 2.49|
|3X||0.9 - 1.49|
|4X||0.7 - 0.89|
|5X||.05 - 0.69|
|6X||0.3 - 0.49|
Once the setting is selected, it will stay at that concentration level. However, touching the controls will change the setting. Once you have selected the concentration level desired, you should not touch the control again, unless resetting the concentration level.
See the below video to learn more on how to set Concentration Level in a Front Load Washer:
Load & Go™ Bulk Dispenser
To use the Load & Go™ Dispenser, follow the following steps. NOTE: Instruction may vary based on the model number, please reference your Owner's Manual for specific instructions for your model.
- Touch the TOOLS button and scroll down to "Dispenser 1" or "Dispenser 2"
- Choose between: Active, Disabled (1 Cycle), or Off (Permanently)
- Set the Detergent Concentration choose between: 2X, 3X, 4X, 5X, 6X, 8X
To use the Precision Detergent option:
- Fill the Precision HE Detergent dispenser cartridge to the max line with liquid HE detergent.
- Place the full dispenser cartridge in the dispensing drawer in the upper left-hand corner of the washer.
- Press the PRECISION DISPENSE button.
- Select the HE detergent concentration as it appears on the HE detergent container and adjusts the Water Hardness if you have a different level of water hardness.
CLICK HERE for additional information on using the Precision Dispenser
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.