How to Determine if the Rack is Keeping the Oven Door Open
Is the Oven Rack Keeping Your Maytag Range or Oven From Closing?
If your oven or range is not closing correctly check to make sure the rack is not the cause. Verify the oven racks are inserted correctly and pushed in fully. Some models have a roll-out racks, ensure the roll-out rack is inserted completely.
Verify bakeware/roasting pans/casserole dish used is not too big for the oven cavity preventing the oven door from closing. To cook food evenly, hot air must be able to circulate. Allow 2" (5.0 cm) of space around bakeware and oven walls.
To remove the roll-out rack:
- Slide the rack in completely so that it is closed and engaged with the sliding shelf.
- Using two hands, lift the front edge of the rack and the sliding shelf. Slowly push both to the back wall of the oven so the front edge of the sliding shelf sits on the rack guide located on the sides of the oven. The front edge of the rack and the sliding shelf should be higher than the back edge.
- Using two hands, lift the back of the rack and the sliding shelf so that the back and front are level on the rack guide.
- Pull out the rack and the sliding shelf.
To replace the roll-out rack:
- Using two hands, grasp the front of the closed rack and the sliding shelf. Place the closed rack and the sliding shelf on the rack guide.
- Slowly push the rack and the sliding shelf to the back of the oven until the back edge of the sliding shelf drops.
- Slightly pull out the rack and the sliding shelf until the front edge drops and the sliding shelf is on the rack guide.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.