System and Equipment Requirements for Connected Appliances
System and Equipment Requirements for Maytag Connected Appliances
- Home WiFi router
- One of the following: smartphone or tablet (iOS or Android)
- Home internet service
Check your router for each of the following:
- Frequency Band: 2.4GHz Band IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
- Security: Security WiFi Protected Access WPA2
- Network Support: IPV4 Minimum
Recommended System Check
- Most up-to-date app version (check smartphone or tablet settings if app updates are available)
- Most up-to-date smartphone operating system (iOS or Android)
- Home WiFi router that is both WPA2 and WPS2 enabled
- Security settings are WPA2 (not mixed mode)
- WPS2 (WiFi protected setup) is turned on (most routers manufactured after 2010 support this feature)
- Apple® wireless access points do not support this feature
- Most cable company routers automatically disable this feature, but it can be turned on in the menu screen of the router. See your router manufacturer's user guide for instructions or contact your cable company.
NOTE: Check to ensure your router's preamble setting is set to LONG verse AUTO or SHORT.
Advanced Router Information (Band Steering)
In the past several years a new feature has been rolled out across WiFi routers and WiFi devices, commonly called band steering (manufacturers may use different names). Basically your WiFi device will automatically switch between the 2.4GHz band and the 5GHz band of your home router to get the best possible connection speed to your mobile device.
In general, a 5GHz connection can offer twice the speed of a 2.4GHz connection. This can be important if you are streaming a movie to your mobile device. However, in general 5GHz only travels half as far as a 2.4GHz signal. Your mobile device in conjunction with your router will automatically switch bands as you move through your house to provide you with the fastest possible connection. A side benefit for you and the provisioning process of an appliance is that there is only one network name and one network passphrase, eliminating a source of error if you accidentally tried to connect the appliance to the 5GHz band of your home router.
Can a Laptop be Used?
All appliances with keyboard touch screen LCD displays can be connected to the home router directly.
For all other appliances you will need the following:
- The smart appliance ID (SAID) located on the SAID label.
- The appliance MAC address located on the SAID label.
- A laptop or tablet with a browser window.
- A position for yourself and your laptop or tablet that is close to the appliance
CLICK HERE for the step by step instructions
Need additional help?
If you need additional help with your connected appliances please contact us at 1-877-559-2605.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.